• Tell us about your app.
Words in Words – Addictive Word search game is a cool and insanely addictive game to tickle your brain. Get hours of fun by playing our reflection game, you will fall in love with the game, the moment you start playing it. This game offers hours of fun that are free of any charge to keep you hooked for hours with awesome fun and frolic puzzle.
A simple yet cool game, Words in Words provides you a great way to relieve all the stress with its hours of fun and brain-tickling effect. Your only motive is to try to form many words from the characters that we will provide to you. Sounds easy? But, can you really do it and connect characters to form valid words in each level? Challenge your friends to form the highest possible amount of words in this awesome word search game and puzzle game.
This awesome find words game will help you challenge your reflexes and concentration. It is a great way to kill extra time to enjoy every bit of it. Enjoy searching and finding words in this brain challenging game.
• Tell us about you / your team / your organization.
We are a 3 people Indie Studio with 2 Developers and 1 Designer.
• What was the inspiration behind your game/app?
When we started to build our games/app portfolio, we started making a list of possible categories and we finalized some categories like Word Games, Find The Difference Games, Utility apps etc. Under Word games category, we build around 10 games and our Words in Words – Addictive Word Search Game is one of them.
• How did you first hear about Corona?
This is the story of a small Indie Studio based out of US/India. When we first started in 2015 with our apps, we were actually planning to develop the apps using Android Studio. During this time, we came across Corona SDK while talking to other developers on forums.
When we first started playing with Corona SDK, we were amazed at the speed at which we can develop the apps.
• How is Corona being used by you / your team?
Corona is used by our team for our entire apps portfolio. With simple learning curve, its quick to learn and code. We started coding the apps on the same day we started learning Corona. We did lot of automation to speed up our process. For example, we have an automated screenshot creator which runs the app and takes screenshots. This saves us a lot of time.
• Tell us about the results you’ve achieved using Corona.
- Created 300 Apps in 300 Days
- Tongue Twisters 1001 Twisters App – Close to 500K Downloads
- Words in Words Addictive Word Search Game App – 50K Downloads
- Find The Differences Ultimate App – 10K Downloads
• Are there any specific features within Corona that you found particularly useful in the development process?
- Simple learning curve – Quick to learn and code. We started coding the apps on the same day we started learning Corona
- Can be coded using simple LUA
- One code, Publish all stores
- Quick Prototyping
- Easy testing using Simulator
- Documentation to minute details also
- A rich forum help
- Concept of plugins
• On average, how long does it take your team to develop a game/app with Corona?
Most of our apps were built in less than a week. We first create a base template that can be used for multiple apps and then carefully design the apps.
• Do you have advice for others who are interested in mobile or desktop development?
Now the world is moving so fast and you need an equally fast approach to things. Start your development with Corona to save lot of time. Its easy to setup and free.
• Would you recommend Corona to other companies, studios, and developers?
Yes. We strongly recommend Corona. Corona is your best bet in market.
If Your App Has Been Featured
In a span of 1 year, we made around 100+ app in Games category for Adults and another 100+ games for Children. It feels great to see our app featured. Our other apps are also growing steadily and we are sure we will see our other apps also featured.
How it All Began…
• Tell us a bit about how you got started. If you’re working with a team, how did your team come together?
We as a team always wanted to create our own portfolio of games in a specific category. We finally decided to start our journey by entering into Word game category.
• How long did it take?
This app took us around 1-2 weeks with proper planning. That is the beauty of Corona.
• What were your biggest challenges?
Our biggest challenge for this game is to confirm if a word is valid and exists in Dictionary. We did lot of research and implemented this in the most optimized manner. Also, we need lot of space on the mobile to add the words on screen one by one. We made the best design for this.
“Corona is used by our team for our entire apps portfolio. With simple learning curve, its quick to learn and code. We started coding the apps on the same day we started learning Corona. We did lot of automation to speed up our process. For example, we have an automated screenshot creator which runs the app and takes screenshots. This saves us a lot of time.”
• How did you or your team come up with the inspiration for what you’ve created?
Being amazed at the speed at which we can build the apps, we slightly changed our directions and started working on simple apps in Kids Category and Children category. These Children apps actually helped us to test the waters in Google Play market.
We developed as many as 100+ Children apps in 100 days in 2015. We started selling these apps ( some are free, some are paid and some are with ads) on various stores like Google Play Store and Amazon Store. After a few days, we saw some good prospects with our apps on Google Play and Amazon store. So, we started concentrating more on Google Play.
Then we strongly wanted to enter to Word Games category and started working on this game.
• What have you done to make your app unique among the vast array already out there?
We made the UI clean and simple.
• What is your creative process like?
We always put our ideas on paper and follow a complete Agile process.
Released Into the Wild
• How do you monetize your app? In-app advertising? In-app purchases? Other? Do you feel this is the best strategy?
As of now we are mainly publishing apps with ads. In future, we are planning to use In-App Advertising and introduce Paid Apps.
• Do you think you’ve succeeded? If so, how do you tell?
With close to 300 Apps in our kitty, we would call our journey a great success. This wouldn’t be possible without a product like Corona SDK.
• What top 3 pieces of advice would you give to other aspiring app developers?
- Keep your ideas on paper. Start today and fail fast.
- Automate as much as you can.
- Grow Organically and take users feedback seriously.